Dreamcast + iMac = iCast!

Posted by SegamanXero | 12:54 PM | , , , , , | 0 comments »

This is possibly one of the most interesting coolest mods I've seen. A CGCC forum member, Logicdustbin created this wonder. He basically gutted a what appears to be a iMac G3 (bondi blue, released May 1998, discontinued January 1999, original price $1,299), completely removing the tiny motherboard from it, and removed as well the not so tiny, in fact huge CRT monitor guts. He replaced the CRT promptly with a LCD screen, and then mounted the Dreamcast upside down near where the motherboard use to be. I am not exactly sure, but I think that mounting a Dreamcast upside down might be bad for it's GD-ROM drive. Bad for the Dreamcast or not, it's still IMO a awesome mod. I'd personally love to do this with my bondi blue iMac G3 that I have lying around, but I probably would just break both my Dreamcast and the iMac (I think I'll just sell the iMac to someone for $30). I think ill just keep my Dreamcast hooked up to my HDTV, and continue to save up for a VGA to HDMI adapter...

Here is a youtube video of it working...




And here is a vid of how Logicdustbin loads games into his iCast, and a general shot of that area...





The only thing missing is the obligatory Dreamcast swirl, he should make a sticker of one and stick it on the side of the case. You know like the apple stickers that come with apple products... Only this time it would be a Dreamcast swirl sticker of awesomeness!

[Via CGCC how frickin' cool is this & kotaku & gizmodo]

0 comments

Post a Comment

SegaLand. Blog template design by : Yanku-template | Banner and artwork by : XCS / XCS alt | Cheese info by : Cheese dot com